วันจันทร์ที่ 16 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2560

brendan dawes creates a playful analog interface for digital music


according to buzzangle music’s 2016 yearly report, the percentage of paid subscription streams are rising at a rapid rate. in 2015, 62% of all music streams came from paid subscriptions. in 2016, that number leapt to 76%. on the other side of the coin however, retailers and music makers are noticing a steady rise in the number of vinyls sold, marking a renaissance for the analog medium in a world otherwise dominated by the touch screen and the smart device.


designer brendan dawes — a keen fan of both mediums — has found a unique way to reconcile their differences, offering a novel combination of form and function. ‘I’m a big fan of digital music, especially spotify’, explains dawes. ‘the ability to dial-up a much loved song I’ve not heard for ages or discover new music are just some of the benefits I never tire of. yet the lack of physicality to this digital medium has always left me wanting. I still own vinyl and a turntable and I love the ritual of physically flicking through what to place on the platter and then wait for the needle to drop on the spinning vinyl.’


the result is an idea dawes had been toying with for years, but until now hadn’t put into action: ‘the plastic player’. the player consists of two main components: a raspberry pi running PiMusicBox (connected to the designer’s 50 year old B&O stereo) and an arduino yun (an open source electronics platform) with an NFC shield (a short-distance radio technology that allows devices in close proximity to speak to each other). 


the ‘albums’ are created from a box of old slide mounts, each with tiny NFC stickers on the back to identify each album or playlist. when a slide is dropped into place, the arduino yun identifies the tag, matches it to a specific album, triggers a backlight, and then over wifi communicates with the PiMusicBox API to play the collection of songs. removing the album pauses that track and placing it back on the device resumes play. the buttons at the side control next, previous track and an additional stop track function. while happy with the outcome, dawes is more than open to improvements. ‘to be honest in my day to day to use I’ve found that these buttons mostly go unused so in future versions I’ll probably be removing them,’ he says. ‘I’ve found it’s really satisfying choosing what I want to listen to in this way; no need to fire up an interface to spotify — I just visually pick an album and place it on the device, much like placing vinyl on a turntable.’

jan 05 / 2017

สรุปบทความ โดย นายนิวิฐ อัตกลับ

อินเตอร์เฟซแบบอะนาล็อกสำหรับเล่นเพลงแบบดิจิตอล

ในปี 2016 การฟังเพลงที่ต้องชำระเงินมีการเพิ่มขึ้นในอัตราที่รวดเร็ว กว่าในปี 2015, 62% กระแสของเพลงต่างๆที่มีการชำระเงิน ในปี 2016 ตัวเลขที่กระโดดถึง 76% รวมถึงในด้านอื่นๆ แต่ผู้ค้าปลีกและผู้ผลิตเพลงได้สังเกตเห็นการเพิ่มขึ้นอย่างต่อเนื่องของการขาย จึงต้องการสร้างยุคใหม่ของศิลปวิทยาสำหรับสื่อแบบอะนาล็อกให้มีความโดดเด่นกว่าที่เคยมีในโลก โดยใช้เทคโนโลยีและอุปกรณ์ที่ทันสมัย

ผู้ออกแบบ เบรนแดน ดอว์ส
เขาได้มีความกระตือรือร้นจนกระทั่งได้พบวิธีที่จะไม่ซ้ำใคร ที่จะมีความแตกต่าง พวกเขาได้นำเสนอการผสมผสานนวนิยายของรูปแบบและฟังก์ชั่นต่างๆ เขาบอกว่าเขาเป็นแฟนตัวยงของเพลงดิจิตอลโดยเฉพาะอย่างยิ่ง Spotify  รวมถึงมีเพลงรักมากมายที่เขาไม่เคยได้ยิน สำหรับคนทุกวัยสมัยนี้การค้นพบเพลงใหม่เป็นเป็นเรื่องที่เขาพบได้บ่อย ผู้คนสามารถหาเพลงใหม่ๆได้อย่างไม่เหน็ดเหนื่อย โดยเพลงในสมัยนี้ยังขาดการเป็นเพลงทางกายภาพไป สื่อดิจิตอลนี้ได้ทิ้งในสิ่งที่เขาต้องการ เขายังคงชอบแผ่นเสียงและเขารักการจะพักร่างกายของเขาลง พร้อมวางแผ่นเสียงลงบนจานแล้วรอให้เข็มที่จะลดลงมาโดนแผ่นเสียงที่กำลังหมุนอยู่

ผลที่ได้จากความคิดที่ดอว์ได้รับกับปีที่ผ่านมา จนถึงขณะนี้ยังไม่เคยนำไปปฏิบัติ: เครื่องเล่นพลาสติก ประกอบด้วยสององค์ประกอบหลัก PiMusicBox (โดยออกแบบเหมือน B & O สเตอริโอ สมัย 50 ปีที่เเล้ว) และ Arduino Yun (แพลตฟอร์มที่มาของ Electronics) (เทคโนโลยีวิทยุระยะสั้นที่ช่วยให้อุปกรณ์ใน บริเวณใกล้เคียงสามารถสื่อสารกับอุปกรณ์อื่นๆได้ )

อัลบัม ถูกสร้างขึ้นจากกล่องเม้าสไลด์เก่าแต่ละอันมีสติกเกอร์เล็กๆ ที่ด้านหลังจะระบุแต่ละอัลบั้มหรือรายการ เมื่อใส่สไลด์เข้าไปในที่ที่ระบุ Arduino Yun เมื่อแท็กตรงกันกับมัน มันก็จะลิ้งค์ไปยังอัลบั้มที่เลือกไว้เฉพาะแล้วผ่าน wifi สื่อสารกับ PiMusicBox API เพื่อเล่นคอลเลกชันของเพลง การยกแผ่นออกคือการหยุดเพลง และเมื่อวางไว้บนอุปกรณ์จะกลับมาเล่น มีปุ่มควบคุมที่ด้านข้าง กดเพลงถัดไปก่อนหน้านี้และหลังได้ และกำลังทำฟังก์ชั่นการหยุดติดตามเพลงเพิ่มเติม 

ในขณะที่มีความสุขกับผลลัพธ์ของดอว์ส เขามีสิ่งที่มากกว่านั้น โดยเขาได้เปิดให้การปรับปรุงเรื่อยๆ เขาบอกว่า เขาจะซื่อสัตย์กับผลงานของเขา เขาพบว่าสิ่งเหล่านี้ส่วนใหญ่ไม่ได้ใช้ไปได้นาน ดังนั้นในรุ่นอนาคตผลงานของเขาอาจจะถูกลบลืมเลือนไป เขากล่าวว่า เขาได้ค้นพบมันจริงๆความพึงพอใจในการเลือกสิ่งที่เขาต้องการที่จะฟังในลักษณะนี้ ไม่จำเป็นที่จะต้องไปถึงในโลกดิจิตอลข้างหน้า เขาแค่มองว่าเขาอยากจะเลือกอัลบั้มและวางไว้บนอุปกรณ์เหมือนวางแผ่นเสียงบนจานเสียง เพียงเท่านั้น

ข้อมูลวันที่ 5 มกราคม 2560





ข้อมูลวีดีโอจาก https://vimeo.com/197528597


แปลบทความจาก https://translate.google.co.th

ซึ่งนำมาเรียบเรียงและแปลสรุปบทความทั้งหมดโดย นายนิวิฐ อัตกลับ 5611304154




ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น